I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
— 1 Samuel 1:27

~ Follow our eagerly awaited journey to meet and bring our daughter home ~

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sophia's Smile




Our journey started several years ago when I met a little girl named Sophia, a beautiful 2-year-old, who had been adopted from China. I was on assignment to photograph her family for the newspaper. When I arrived she was in her high chair eating blueberries and as I greeted her she gave me a huge grin while covered in blueberry mess. I loved it! The following morning we attended a seminar her parents gave about their adoption agency. It would be a few years later before we start our paperwork but I always kept Sophia close to my heart. Her family later moved to Ohio and I always wondered how she was doing. Once we were officially logged in in China, I contacted her mom who responded with a wonderful photo of her playing in fall leaves. Her parents say she is doing great. I have never forgotten Sophia and her wonderful smile.



-Layne

No comments: