Last night, she wasn't quite herself. She was hot again. And so clingy. Around 1AM I pulled all the quilts I could find out of the closet, folded them up and made a pallet on her floor. I took the changing pad off the table and laid it beside the quilts and cozied her up on that. Curling up next to her and keeping one hand on her all night was the ONLY way I could keep her calmed down. She latched on to my arms and hugged them up next to her face and finally fell asleep. If I moved away from her at all, she woke crying and wouldn't stop until I stroked her head or her arms.
At 4AM, I heard her moving and was shocked to see her standing over my head, just grinning. She very gently reached down and stroked my cheek, as I had been doing with her all night. It was the most adorable thing! She crawled under the blanket and curled up next to me and cooed for about twenty minutes. Just snuggled up all tight and very content! She hasn't been that way. In fact, I would say she hasn't been a touchy-feely baby at all. All of a sudden, though, she wants to touch and be touched.
Around 4:30AM it was playtime. She played her piano and her little elephant toy for an hour, just happy as can be. Every so often she would come over and lay on my chest, her little head up near my chin, and just coo. After the third or fourth time, she fell asleep, very soundly. I chanced a few hours of sleep myself and put her in her crib. She was sound asleep until 9:30. Aaaaah. I slept in my own bed for 3 precious hours!
She didn't eat much this morning: a blueberry pancake and half a bowl of oatmeal with peaches. For some kids that's probably a typical amount of food, but it's half what she normally eats. And yep, there's a new tooth in there. :-)
I need to do a little research today and see how other mommies brush the teeth of kids with cleft palates. How on earth do I reach all those teeth? Fortunately, she loves to brush, so she's very patient with me.
Today we are going to play at the park (sadly, we missed a playdate with Patricia, Glenn and Jake -- she went back to sleep right after breakfast). I want to get some blackout curtains for her room -- the lights of passing cars were annoying and noisy. I also want some chalkboard paint for the end of one cabinet in the kitchen. She loves to be under our feet when we are cooking, so I thought that would keep her occupied! Magnetic and chalkboard paints are the best inventions!

No comments:
Post a Comment