I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
— 1 Samuel 1:27

~ Follow our eagerly awaited journey to meet and bring our daughter home ~

Monday, November 15, 2010

Straw

On Saturday the 12th, Jai Li surprised us by picking up mommy's lemonade and drinking out of the straw! I have wondered and wondered how in the world she would learn to suck out of a straw. Sippy cups have been a constant problem -- I've popped the valves out of every single cup we have so drink just pours out of it. She was very frustrated with cups and drinking was becoming a real issue. And of course, without the valves, drink goes everywhere! So what a pleasure, to pop those valves back in and have her actually drink out of a cup that requires sucking! Another huge milestone for Jai Li!

She loves to clink cups with mommy and daddy and say "cheers." Well, we say "cheers," she hums the same tone and grins. She loves that game!

She also loves music. She'll start to dance just at the sound of a tapping foot! I've never seen anything like it. She seems to love choral things, big choir music, chants, things like that, but she also loves loves loves classic rock. Ha! I picked up a set of Your Baby Can Read DVDs, which are fantastic -- she loves the music in those, too, and they are teaching her sooo many words. They're expensive but worth it. Tip: buy 'em used off amazon! You can sometimes find them for a quarter of the full price!

Her dry skin issue is cleared up. Thank you, pure coconut oil and oatmeal lotion. The oatmeal stuff stinks but the coconut oil makes her yummy enough to eat. Smells like Hawaiian Tropics!

She's recently fallen head over heels for her rocking horse. Here's a picture of it. This one has been with almost every little girl in her generation! Erica and Mallory had it first. It was white and the mane was a huge mess after it traveled all the way from up north to our house in the back of my pickup truck, so I thought I'd strip it and start from scratch! She wanted the little bows put in the pony's mane and tail yesterday. So cute! She just cooed and cooed and stroked her mane when we clipped them in. Adorable!

We are finally getting our thank you cards out. It only took me five months. Ouch. At least we finally got a photo printed to put in the cards. I may be slow, but at least the sentiments are truly heartfelt!

More later. Gotta get to work!

No comments: