I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
— 1 Samuel 1:27

~ Follow our eagerly awaited journey to meet and bring our daughter home ~

Monday, September 13, 2010

Family fun

My two cents: the evening with Bertie and Bruce was awesome. What a great time we had, and I think Jai Li is ready to move in!  :-)  Thank you to you both for your amazing generosity. It was so thoughtful of you to make the meal GF for me, and I know Jai enjoyed it! She's already learned to  be a child of the south -- I'm pretty sure cheese grits are her favorite dish! We all felt so at home. The only thing we wish: we had gotten closer to you both many, many years ago. We've got eons to catch up on, but what fun it'll be!

One more thing: do NOT send me the recipe for that flourless chocolate cake. In 2 days I have gained back the 12 pounds I lost in China! It's like the most decadent piece of chocolate fudge with a brownie-like crusty top. Ridiculous. My teeth hurt just thinking about it. Gotta ride an extra five miles on the bike tonite!

Here's to spilled martinis and cold Chardonnay, yummy shrimp and veggies (extra helpings thanks to Bruce's aversion to Things Healthy), and family fellowship: cheers! (Oops, where's the napkins!?)

No comments: