The timelines are so short and we have so much to do that I actually started to hyperventilate! I walked down to the break room and drank half a Coke, which I haven't done in ages, to calm my roiling tummy. It seems a million years ago that we called our agency and were so painfully disappointed to hear them say that it would be another 12 months... but it was only 2 weeks ago. We have gone from thinking we had plenty of time to finish our packing list, learn a little Chinese, and pick out goodies for our registries to spending every waking moment reading and signing papers, making lists and reorganizing them again and again (ok, so that's the little OCD person that lives inside me — and yes, I did alphabetize my packing list. What can I say, I need to be medicated). If I start to think about all we have to do, my stomach starts to churn again. I don't want to mess this up!
Churning tummies is probably good, and should probably continue... because I am also fretting about food! As a celiac I have a hard enough time eating in my own hometown! I am packing lots of thinkThin bars and dried fruit and I've got an EarthFare trip planned to try to find GF powdered soup. I read that there are hot pots in the rooms for bottles, so I can at least heat up my sterilized water and have rehydrated food. I've read lots of posts from other celiacs who said they could eat just fine if they were careful (usually eating a big breakfast and smaller lunches and dinners to be safe), so I should probably stop worrying. If all else fails, I'll drink soy formula! ;-)
Ok, back to fretting and maybe a little sleep tonite. Sleep? What's that? I don't think I've done that in the 2 solid weeks since Jaidyn's photo showed up in my inbox!
Happy morning, little one -- as you rise to enjoy your day today, know that while mom might not pack everything you need, she'll climb over mountains to get it!

1 comment:
So very very happy to read your news! Can't wait to see the first photo of her in your arms!!! -- Erin Martin
Post a Comment