I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
— 1 Samuel 1:27

~ Follow our eagerly awaited journey to meet and bring our daughter home ~

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What started this journey

Well, I was tasked to photograph an adoption story for the observer some five years ago. I met little Sophia, 2 at the time, who greeted me at the door with her older brother. They then proceeded to play with a train set on the den floor, showing off their toys. Near the end of the shoot she was seated in her high chair and I was trying to get in close for a portrait. She gave me a huge blueberry-covered smile and that did it. I was sold. I've photographed many children over the years but she so warmed my heart. I thoroughly enjoyed photographing Sophia and her lovely family. 


A couple of days later we attended a talk her parents were giving about their adoption agency. Sophia was  running around the room, charming every person there; the talk touched our hearts and so our journey to Jaidyn began. 



Sophia's mom later sent us updated photos (below) of her once we told her we were waiting for Jai Li. That was 3+ years ago. 





I would later run into and photograph many other adopted children which further cemented our decision.

No comments: