I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
— 1 Samuel 1:27

~ Follow our eagerly awaited journey to meet and bring our daughter home ~

Monday, May 10, 2010

LOA!

Monday - I rushed home at lunchtime to finish packing up Jai Li's care package, and I do mean rushed! Layne ran to the store for a bag of gourmet jelly beans, which we labeled in Chinese "for the foster family."

Her photo book, her printed onesie, her flowered onesie, a pink blankie with elephants on it, a disposable camera with her name plastered all over it and, of course, her bear — all into the box, and off to the post office we went. I fretted all the way.


Cheryl at the post office helped us. She knew how long we had been waiting. It was very cool that she was the one to help us. She found us a box, helped us pack it, and even begrudgingly allowed Layne to photograph her as I handed her the final package. (Thanks, Cheryl! See? I told you you'd be in the blog!)


I made Layne call the agency twice. (Sorry, anxiety and OCD all wrapped up together
— not such a good thing!). First, to find out if an 8-inch square box was acceptable even though our paperwork said it had to be a shoebox (it was), and secondly, if we put the right paperwork in the box, even though our paperwork told us explicitly what paperwork to put in the box (I know, I know).

When we got back to the house, Pam (at the agency) called just as I took a giant bite of sandwich. I answered anyway. She was awfully hyped up and giggly, and in the back of my head I thought it wasn't that funny that I was talking with my mouth full... but then she spilled it
— she couldn't wait for me to check my email — WE ARE LOA!!

So that's why she was so exuberant... the letter of acceptance came! This is the official piece of paperwork that we both have to sign tomorrow. I still can't believe I am typing this, and I'm still all hot and cold at the same time. I'm pretty sure Layne has thrown up by now. :-)


This has to be a world record: from referral to LOA in 16 days!





No comments: