I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
— 1 Samuel 1:27

~ Follow our eagerly awaited journey to meet and bring our daughter home ~

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

LOA paperwork done!!

Tuesday - Well, after 4 years of imagining what this day would be like how can receiving your LOA ever measure up? It did and then some. It was one more step to getting our Jai!

Delivery - I spent the morning waiting by the door and made the FedEx guy retrace his steps for better photo of the delivery. Nikki met me at lunch and we opened together. We re-read it multiple times to make sure all information was correct, her name, DOB, etc. Nikki teared up as she sat down to read it again. Everything looked great. The document was beautiful and I hated to send it back. It was written in both chinese and english and included a bright red CCAA seal. I wanted to frame it.

The signing -  Signing my name next to adoptive father was amazing! So ready to get her after all this time. 

The return - Nikki repacked the documents and sealed it. Tami,  a good friend at her office, said a little prayer over it and I was tasked to drive it to ship it back. I placed it in Jai's car seat for the short journey and placed in our "lucky" drop box where I also said a little prayer of my own.

One more step to getting Jai Li DONE!! Feels good.












No comments: